St Marks in the Bowery
Looking north up 2nd Avenue (My street)
(Claire, NYC has taught me direction, but don't know how I'll go when I get home)
Today is my last full day in New York, and I have taken my time.
I took my time getting up this morning and making my breakfast, then had to dash out to get my washing (I had no clean knickers left!), then a long, hot shower, before I set off to the Whitney Museum.
I had tried to go to this museum on Tuesday, unfortunately for me, my Lonely Planet was slightly out of date, as the Whitney is closed Mondays/Tuesdays.
So I managed to get back there today, and I have to say, it was pretty much the least inspiring museum of my visit. Even the overwhelming, huge Metropolitan Museum of Art was better than this.
There were a couple of interesting pieces, but the bag I bought and the Andy Warhol fridge magnets I bought were far more interesting, as was my hot chocolate.
So dinner with my friend Mitch, and his wife Donna and their daughter Shayna, and then packing (and re-packing) before I head home.
I can't wait!

1 comment:
Love those snow pics, make me homesick.
Post a Comment